I'm so guilty of this: afraid of really saying something because I'm afraid of being wrong.

21 January 2010 6 comments


My friend David Hamstra is always linking me to great, stimulating material. Here's another one of his gems, Vimeo-style. 


Typography from Ronnie Bruce on Vimeo.

Is it me specifically, or academia in general, or my generation as a whole (or all of the above) that's guilty of this?
"The people were amazed at His teaching, because He taught them as one who had authority." Mark 1:22

6 comments:

  • Anonymous said...

    "Where are the limbs we once walked?" That's truth. I not only wonder this in academia or a generational sense, but in ourselves as a Seventh-Day Adventist Church. Do we speak the conviction that comes from knowing the truth of the Gospel? Or have we not experienced Christ and His Salvation in a way that brings fire to our bones.

  • Turkey said...

    Crazy Kessia, I have been thinking about how I tone down everything I say lately with passive verbs and tones inviting rebuttal. Really, I've noticed it in my writing and speech. It might apply to my life too, I'll have to evaluate that. Thanks for the post.

Post a Comment

Comments? Tell me what you think.

 

©Copyright 2012 moves and removes | TNB