bodying

03 January 2012 10 comments
I am a perfect replica of my mother's body, but in petite proportion. The long neck, the long torso, the long arms, the small chest and flat stomach, the tiny waist-- and then all of this sloping outward into broad hips, sturdy legs, dense calves, and strong and flexible ankles into able feet.

hello, Sun!


My face? I owe that to my Norwegian grandmother. But my body is all my mother.

I'm so glad she gave it to me! I regularly put up with rude comments about my size and it's impossible to find clothes that fit me off the rack, but my favorite part of my body is that it works! and it's mine! When as a young woman I looked around and realized that "woman" came in very different shapes, that somehow revealed to me that mine was its own type of beautiful. I'll never walk a runway, but I have a wonderful, laughing time chasing wildlife in my backyard and racing my husband to the grocery cart and playing in the snow.

paulaleme.com

>> So you there! --yeah, you:
Today, don't judge your body.
Just enjoy it!

10 comments:

  • Experience: part of a balanced life said...

    this is cute! but why did i say it was "cute" it's hard TRUTH! as women we are slapped back and forth about our bodies... we are told how we should look... and we... never... measure... up... this leaves most women angry and searching for the next diet cure! it leaves disorders and shells of ladies who are tired of trying SO HARD to be perfect! but never will be...
    let go
    and love your body
    love the automobile God gave you to move ourself around!
    love that God created your body for you...
    love yourself

    a friend told me once that loving yourself is the highest form of praise to God!

    thanks Kessia for the beautiful reminder
    that my body is beautiful
    and i have every right to believe it!

    (the snow picture really iS cute!)

Post a Comment

Comments? Tell me what you think.

 

©Copyright 2012 moves and removes | TNB