love and power and continents

23 February 2011 5 comments
Emily's post on Waving Flag made me think thoughts.

"love is the answer, that's what they say, but look how they treat us, make us believers, we fight their battles, then they deceive us, try to control us..."

what misguided love we give sometimes, what false love we give sometimes.

I read a book about a year ago with the very boring title "The Family." The title is boring and the book kind of was too, but the authors are Christian social scientists and the paradigm they outlined of the family-under-grace was one of empowerment. They said that people struggling in their families are often struggling for power, as if when I have more you have less and if you have more then I have less. No, no: Instead, they said, the family-under-grace knows that when someone with power gives power to another member, both are more empowered.

I wish all the continents and islands could come together as one family-under-grace, giving power and real love to each other.

And even as I voice that wish, it occurs to me that that's exactly what Jesus has promised will happen when He comes back:

"My righteousness draws near speedily,
   My salvation is on the way,
   and My arm will bring justice to the nations.
The islands will look to Me
   and wait in hope for My arm"

[isaiah 51:5]

5 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Tell me what you think.

 

©Copyright 2012 moves and removes | TNB