Self-Pity and Christ's Heavenly Ministry

02 October 2010 6 comments
In the car driving home. Back ache. Raining, yet sun in my eyes. Tiredness.
My heart is hurting. I feel confused and helpless and just as I'm giving in to the darkly satisfying sense of self-pity, the words of the song playing through my speakers come through.


Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea, 
A great high priest whose name is Love,
who ever lives and pleads for me...


And I realize that self-pity is stupid. I have a Savior who loves me, watches over me, pleads His blood before the Father on my behalf, blesses me a thousand times over, is preparing a place for me beside Him in eternity. My petty problems are nothing to cry over.


Alleluia! Alleluia!
Praise the one risen Son of God!



6 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Tell me what you think.

 

©Copyright 2012 moves and removes | TNB